Without question the best Dance Pole currently available for and Apartment is the PRO FIT Professional Portable Spinning Dance Pole
- This is a Professional quality 45 mm diameter chrome dance pole, carry bag and LED Dance Pole Light perfect for an Apartment.
- Fits ceiling heights ranging from: 7 feet 6 inches to 9 feet (2.2 m-2.7 m.)
which will accomadate most apartment ceilings.
- No additional tools or ladder needed to assemble or take-down, which is a plus for those living in an apartment.
- Supports weights up to 250 pounds (113 kg.)
- With Pro-Joint technology advanced dance moves are safer now than ever for beginner & advanced moves including inverts in your apartment.
If you are one of the many who are interested by in learning to pole dance and currently rent an apartment or condo, the dilemma of putting a dance pole for home use is real.
Investing in the best dance pole for an apartment that leaves no damage behind is important. As a tenant, you are bound by the rules of the landlord which is to keep their place intact.
Any damages incurred while under the contract would mean forfeiting the security deposit. More than that, the issue of safety also is very important. This can appear to be a challenge, but is it really?
Permanent dance poles or semi-permanent installation dance poles may be safer to use for a pole dancer however, they are far from perfect. Not only are they not portable but some low quality permanent and semi-permanent installation dance poles can create damage to your apartments ceiling as well as the floor. A number of low-value dance poles often times leave holes in the ceiling and floor and that is definately not somethng you want to have to deal with.
Nobody wants to lose the security deposit over damages and that is an advantage of a good quality portable removable dance pole for and apartment.
A quality dancing pole installed correctly in your apartment may put some temporary indentations on a carpet (similar to that of the legs of a couch) but indentations are not an issue with most landlords. They are generally very safe when installed in an apartment.
I have had my Pro Quality Pole installed in places where I rented with no problems at all and yes, I got my security deposit back. : ) when I moved to my new place.
With that being said, the best dance pole for an apartment are portable removable dance poles and perfectly suitable for doing a pole dancing workout at home especially in the following conditions:
1. You need the convenience of being able to move your dance pole from one room to the other in your house or move it with you when you have your mom dropping by, :} or move to a new place
2. Your house has limited space making permanent or semi-permanent dance poles inconvenient to use as they could interfere with your daily household activities.
3. Drilling in the ceiling and floor in your apartment is prohibited by most apartment building owners.
This video will show you how easily it is to install a portable Dance Pole in Your Apartment.
Another difficult aspect of setting up a dance pole space at home is ensuring your safety and keeping the apartment in good shape.
Most dance poles for home use are tension based and so the security of your dance pole is determined by how well the tension is between the pole, the ceiling, and the floor. The tension exerted by the dance pole on the ceiling and the floor is essentially what keeps it in place along with quality soft rubber on the dome and base of the pole. The Pro Fit has quality rubber on the domes.
The biggest fear is that the tension will crack the ceiling and it can – IF – you don’t follow the installation instructions correctly and install it where there is NO ceiling joist. This is the primary reason this happens. Sheets of drywall and flimsy roof boards are not meant to handle the pressure of these good quality poles made of steel. So figure out where your joints are. You can do that with a ladder and stud finder.
There’s more to pole safety than knowing how to install a dance pole in your home and make it stay in place. Here are best buying practice before you buy a dance pole for your apartment.
- Mounting your own dance pole under a ceiling joist using a stud finder is the best way to find a secure place to support the pressure of the dance pole.
- Be sure your pole is made of good quality metal that can handle the pressure of the installation. Yes, they make cheap spring loaded dance poles which are dangerous. Cheap poles can bend or break.
- Be sure the rubber on the dome and base are soft and sticky enough to grab the surface of the ceiling and floor. Also, be sure it’s glued on well – as you can tell from the video, not all rubber on dance poles are created equally. Softer rubber also protects the surface of the ceiling and floor, preventing your apartment landlord from knowing the pole was ever there in the first place.
- Be sure the chrome is properly electroplated on the dance pole and won’t peel or chip off in time.
I hope that the information I shared you in this article will give you all the confidence you need when buying a dance pole for your aprtement.
If you liked this article please don’t hesitate to like and share it with your friends, we appreciate and need your support at DancePoleReviews.com